HOW WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
We receive and store certain types of information from you every time you use the Services. For example, we may automatically log your browser type, language preference, the date and time of your visit to the Services, your Internet Protocol (IP) address, and the website you visited. In addition, we receive and store information about your use and activity within our Services.
- Web Beacons. We may collect information using web beacons. Web beacons are electronic images that may be used through our Services or in our emails. We use web beacons to deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness and to tell if an email has been opened and acted upon.
- Other. We may also use clear gifs or other data files or identifiers to collect information for statistical purposes and to improve and develop the Services we provide. Clear gifs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies. In contrast to cookies, which are placed on a hard drive, clear gifs are embedded invisibly on web pages.
Upon your request or with your consent, your healthcare provider may share information about you, including your personal information, with Phoenix-Micron. Phoenix-Micron shall only use such information in accordance with any instructions or restrictions provided to Phoenix-Micron by your healthcare provider. With regard to such information, Phoenix-Micron shall comply with the applicable provisions of Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act and the regulations promulgated thereunder, and the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act and any regulations promulgated thereunder, to the extent such privacy laws are applicable to Phoenix-Micron as a “business associate” of a “covered entity.”
HOW WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION
Phoenix-Micron uses the personal information collected through the Services to improve the Services, communicate with users, and personalize and improve the Services. Additionally, Phoenix-Micron may use personal information to:
- Respond to user service requests.
- Administer user accounts.
- Provide other products and services to our customers, which may include healthcare providers.
- Respond to user questions and concerns.
- To administer fees and provide invoices or resolve billing issues.
- Conduct research and analysis.
- To fulfil our contractual obligations.
- Other legitimate purposes permitted by applicable law.
HOW WE SHARE PERSONAL INFORMATION
Phoenix-Micron will only disclose your personal information in the following situations:
- As required by law such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process.
- When we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud or respond to a written government request.
- If Phoenix-Micron becomes involved in a merger, acquisition, or any form of sale of some or all of its assets, you agree that Phoenix-Micron may transfer personal information to a third party as part of that transaction.
- To any other third party with your prior consent to do so.
- To service providers for the purposes of operating our business, delivering, improving, and customizing our products or services, sending marketing and communications related to our business, payment processing, and for other legitimate purposes permitted by applicable law.
- To the extent you are made aware of or direct such disclosure, Phoenix-Micron may disclose personal information to Phoenix-Micron’s other customers associated with you, which may include healthcare providers associated with your medical care.
ACCESSING AND UPDATING PERSONAL INFORMATION
To review and update personal information to ensure it is accurate, contact us, or use our online tools available through your account. To the extent that you cannot access or correct the personal information in your account, Phoenix-Micron will make commercially reasonable efforts to provide reasonable access to any personal information we maintain within 30 days of an access request. We provide this access so you can review your personal information, make corrections, or request deletion. When updating your personal information, we may ask you to verify your identity before we can act on your request. If we cannot honor your request within the 30-day period, we will tell you when we will provide access. In the unlikely event that we cannot provide you access, we will explain why. You may also unsubscribe from promotion emails sent by the Phoenix-Micron. To do so, please follow the instructions in any email you receive from us. If you decide not to receive promotional emails, we may still send you transactional communications, such as those about your account, to fulfill orders you have made, or to ask you to rate a product or service you have purchased. If you request your personal information be updated or if you unsubscribe from communications, we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes, as required under applicable legal obligations.
Providing security for the information entered into Phoenix-Micron’s Services is of paramount importance to Phoenix-Micron. We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to, or unauthorized alteration, disclosure, or destruction, of personal information. However, please be aware that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure and we do not guarantee its absolute security.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Phoenix-Micron retains your personal information:
- For so long as your account is active or as needed to provide you with products or services or to fulfil our contractual obligations.
- As necessary to comply with applicable legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our legal rights.
- For so long as is necessary for the purposes for which we collected such personal information.
LINKS TO OTHER WEB SITES
Our Services may include links to other websites. If you submit personal information to any of those sites, your information is subject to their privacy statements. We encourage you to carefully read the privacy statement of any website you visit.
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA VISITORS
Under European data protection laws, Phoenix-Micron must have a legal basis to process personal information. The legal basis that applies in a particular instance will depend on the specific purpose, as described above, for which Phoenix-Micron is processing personal information:
- In certain cases, Phoenix-Micron may ask for your consent to collect and process your personal information. Should you choose to provide your consent, you may later withdraw your consent by contacting us as described in the “Contact Information” section. Please note that the withdrawal of consent will not affect processing which has already occurred.
- In other instances, the processing of your personal information may be necessary in order to comply with an applicable law or regulation or for the performance of a contract to which you are subject. You may not be able to opt-out of this processing, or your choice to opt-out may impact our ability to perform a contractual obligation otherwise owed to you.
- In still other instances, Phoenix-Micron may process your personal information based on Phoenix-Micron’s legitimate interests in communicating with you about our products and services, and about scientific research and educational opportunities. You have the right to opt-out of all such processing of your personal information. You may do so by contacting us as described in the “Contact Information” section.
If Phoenix-Micron needs, or is required, to contact you concerning any event that involves information about you, we may do so by email, telephone, or mail.
(Date of last revision: November 15, 2021)